Sunday Worship Experience – October 11, 2020
How Not to Take Things Personally
UP Church Sunday Worship Experience
Rev. Sherri James, Senior Minister
Rev. Sheree Thompson, Assistant Minister
Contact us: Upchurch@Upchurch.org
Link to 30 Days of Self Love Tracker: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dIQHyrudtp3QsAhnMDlXd-CIXjr4bFiG/view?usp=sharing
SERIES TEXT: The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz [https://amzn.to/3nDQFxM]
1. Don’t take anything personally.
2. We take things personally because we agree with whatever was said.
3. Taking things personally makes you prey for predators.
4. We each see the world through our own personal lens.
5. It’s not your job to change people.
6. Taking things personally is negative self-projection.
3 PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR NOT TAKING THINGS PERSONALLY
1. Build your identity on things people cannot take away.
2. Develop a learner’s heart.
3. Learn to trust yourself.